Saturday, February 5, 2011

And so the Journey Begins...

I have decided to give myself an accountability for my "journey". This way people are reading and "knowing" what I am doing instead of me just trying this or that in secret. I have been wanting to become raw for over two years now and have dabbled in it quite a bit never having succeeded. In the past six months I have lost over 50 pounds only to find 10 of them back. I am catching it before it goes to far. My journey started with going to a local weight loss center which I had gone to previously 2 times in which I lost weight then gained it all back and then some. This time was different, you see I determined in my heart that this time was to be different and it was. I asked the Lord to help me this time and He did! Ask and you shall receive! I clung to a very important scripture Hebrews 12:11 No discipline seems pleasant at the time,but painful. Later on,however,it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it. Now some take that as discipline for your children, which I do as well BUT I was taking this scripture for myself because I have not had peace in my life nor righteousness. I could talk the talk but I wasn't walking the walk. I wanted to BELIEVE me I so wanted to, but the plain fact was that I wasn't doing so. So with some determination and discipline I was on my way. Four weeks into the 17 week program I switched to a vegetarian plan. This was a big and kind of scary thing but I did it AND I loved it! 8 weeks into my program I started exercising. I started with brisk walking 2 miles and ended up, after a few weeks running 4 miles! I LOVE to run. I believe you either love it or hate it. I ended my program with 50 pounds gone and a body that was starting to take a nice shape. The end of November my wonderful husband and I took a cruise for our 16th anniversary! That's where I started going downhill. Little by little (on the cruise as well as when we got back) I started putting those things back into my system that I worked so hard to detox. Two weeks later we went to Disney for our first family vacation. This is where my sickness started with a cold then moved into the flu then a couple of weeks with no sickness and now I am sick again. I have been sick since the end of November off and on and it is now the beginning of February. I feel horrible and when I look in the mirror my eyes are ALWAYS red and I don't have that "healthy glow" I had just a couple months ago. OK so all of that information I am now starting this blog to keep account of my daily eating and exercise (which I will start once this cold is gone) and hopefully to inspire ANYONE out there who thinks "I cannot do this". If I can do it so can you I have determination and I also have discipline.. I also want to say that this will all be to the GLORY of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I am not ashamed to admit that he is my ONLY true help. I will be slowly incorporating raw...who knows maybe it will be quickly but I will be doing some cooked but all vegetarian. I am not one who craves meat...it actually makes me feel bloated. I am not a save the animals tree hugger I just want to be healthy and for me it is meat free.

1 comment:

  1. Found a kids vegetarian cookbook I'll mail to you. :) An old (first run) copy of "Fit for Life" by the Diamonds has a great 4 week plan and good recipes! We buy books at Goodwill. I pray about what God wants me to have before we go, and I have quite an awesome collection of all the "cook books" I had wanted. I am not a save the animals kind of person, but seeing how they are treated, I feel like, as a Christian, I am doing something wrong by supporting feed lots and chicken farms... if that makes sense. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete